Meatless Monday Lunches
Serving: 4 (1 Sandwich each)
170 Calories per serving
Pita breads are available in the deli section of most super markets. Select whole-wheat ones, whenever available.
Nutrition information per Serving:
Total Fat: 2g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrates: 25g
Dietary Fiber: 3g
- 2 each whole-wheat pita bread, 6 inches
- 6 oz canned tuna (packed in water)
- 1 large fresh tomato, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, seeds removed, peeled and diced (approximately 1 11-2 cups)
- 1/2 plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2diced seedless cucumber
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 2tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- Reserve 1/2-1 cup cucumber and set aside in a bowl
- Combine the yogurt, 1/2 cup cucumber, garlic, vinegar and 1 tablespoon dill to create the herbed yogurt.
- chill to allow flavors to blend (may also be used as a dip or salad dressing).
- Heat pitas.
- cut in half crosswise and pull apart to make pockets.
- Divide the tuna, tomato, and remaining cucumber evenly and place in the four pita pockets.
- Top with herbed yogurt.
- Garnish with remaining 1 tablespoon dill