- 1/2 Cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 chopped green (red/yellow) pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 large tomato diced
- Spray a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium fire.
- Add mushrooms and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, transfer to a bowl and wipe out the skillet with a damp paper towel.
- Spray skillet again with coking spray and heat over medium heat and add th egg and cook until the center starts to set, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon the vegetables over omelet.
- Lift with a spatula so the uncooked portion of egg can flow, transfer to two plates, and top each serving with diced tomato.